Kids after marriage?

Hello, I was wondering what you might suggest a good time to start "Planning" on having children after you get married?

MySoon to be husband and I are his two daughters main caretakers/providers..(They are 13 twins), ..So I already feel like I am a parent with all of the sports, practices etc.... But I def want at least one of my own...Any advise?

ART92411

Asked by ART92411 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sit down and run the numbers financially. Baby's cost WAY more than allot of people think. Not to mention what the hospital bill will be. See how much it's going to cost you and all the other expenses like daycare, who will care for the kid if you go back to work AND if you can afford to be a stay at home mom or not BEFORE you get preggers.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I say wait til your married at least one year, to have that "honeymoon" feeling. We got pregnant 6 months after we got married and I always wished we had waited a little longer, the only reason we didnt get pregnant sooner was because he was in basic training. But we were only 20, I assume you two are a little older if there are 13 yr old DD's so my reasons for waiting would be a little different, like I would wait to go to college first. But this is something for you and Dh to decide!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:34 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• whenever you want. DH and I got married 3 years after being together and then I got on birth control after we got married only to find I wanted a baby 2 months later so I went off the pill and I found out I was pregnant 10 months after we were married.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I wouldnt even start thinking about it until 2 yrs in to make sure your blended family is adjusted.

Answer by gemgem at 11:37 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It's up to you. Personally, I would wait until everyone is adjusted to the new family, and after you and your husband have had sometime as a couple. We had our first when we had been married 5 years, and that was perfect for us.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2011