Is there a possibility...

...that a guy still likes you even if he hasn't tried to kiss you? He's asked me out, I've asked him out too. He includes my kids when he asks me to do something. He has shown all signs of being interested, but he doesn't call during the week (I see him at church on Sundays). He did have a very rough childhood and I think is a little scared to show or accept affection (a friend tried to hug him recently and he kinda backed away, but when I tried to hug him, he accepted it, hesitantly, but he did accept it....but he does seem to enjoy spending time with me...us. Any help, advice? Do you think he's interested from what I've said...I'm having a hard time reading him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Don't rush him. Continue to let him set the pace. If he's interested he will let you know in his time. If you enjoy the time you spend together then just let it work itself out.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:34 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Believe it or not. NOT all men like to kiss. If every other sign tells you he's into you then go with it. Your only other option is to talk to him and see if this is actually going to move forward or he's only looking for a pretend family on weeknds to not be bored.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:35 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Some people are just not comfortable with physical shows of affection. Maybe he's afraid of rushing things and scaring you away. I would just be honest with him and ask. What do you have to lose?
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 11:37 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• There are still men in this world who like to get to know a woman on a level that is a much deeper level than the physical and they like to do it first. The correct way for a man and woman to bond is first spiritual, second emotional, and last physical. Since you are seeing this guy at church, that very well may be the way he has been taught. It's how I was taught, and it's how my children were taught, and it's how my grandchildren are being taught. Surprisingly, marriages formed in this way seem to stand a much better chance of survival than the ones in which couples bond out of order. So, if I were you, I would keep this in mind and be patient. If this is the way he is thinking, he's not in any hurry to get to the physical, of which kissing is usually considered the very first step. He knows what is most important and he's willing to make sure of his steps. That's a quality to be admired!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:41 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Thank you Nanny...this is guy is a very strong Christian man...which is a must for me! But he had a very rough childhood and is hesitant to get involved in the first place...he's not actively pursuing me really quite yet...but he has asked me out and asks me to have lunch with him on Sundays after church. I just really enjoy spending time with him..and as a typical woman...I tend to "fast forward" things. I am very traditional and prefer things not to get physical until later, but most guys are not like this...I should be counting my blessing I guess.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Defiantly go with it and give him time.... don't rush him. However, you might want to talk to him about how you feel.
    terep001

Answer by terep001 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I love Nanny's answer!!!!! She is the real thing. I admire people like that. : )
    Yeah. Don't rush anything. It is hard to find a man that really wants to get to know you over sexual attraction. A gem in the rough! Good for you. Give it time and trust in the Lord.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Trust is a big issue for him.. I have the same background and to this day I have a hard time hugging my friends or anyone else for that matter. Depending on his age, this will change when knows that he can trust.
    limitations

Answer by limitations at 7:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2011