How to bring up upcoming wedding to XH?

He will have our DD on the weekend we are getting married.

We get along for the sake of our DD but he doesn't like SO (not hate just doesn't want anything to do with him). Even though SO and I were friends long before XH and I dated, XH still feels that SO is the reason why we got divorced...(XH cheated).

XH will have DD the week afterwards but how do I bring up wanting DD that day without hurting feelings too badly?
Yes, for the sake of DD, I still care for him and what happens to him.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree with gemgem, but I wouldn't send a letter. I would just talk to him in person about it. It's something that your DD needs and wants to be a part of. Hopefully he'll put aside his own personal feelings for the sake of your DD. Good Luck!
    SheIsMySunrise

Answer by SheIsMySunrise at 12:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Just send him a letter and the day you send it say I sent you a letter because I am getting married and even if you dont agree with it this is something I am doing. DD would like to be there, we would like her there, and of course youre more then welcome to come too. This is something I dont want her to miss & am willing to change weekends or add an extra weekend for you to make up lost time.

Answer by gemgem at 11:43 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Still When I get remarried some day I will plan it for the weekend that I have her. Less headache that way imo. But I can understand not wanting to lose 10 days with your daughter. I can't talk to my stbxh so when I have to communicate with him I go through email.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Why not just have your wedding on the weekend you have her?
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Kyliesmom...If I do it the weekend I have her, the next week I would have her also (visitation schedule). If I have it on a weekend I don't have her, I only miss out on 3 days with her vs. 10 days.
    Also, this helps him out since he will only have to pay for 2 more days of daycare vs. and entire week.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Why not just tell him you need to swap weeks?
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2011