Hi! My 14 month old daughter wakes every night 1-2 xs and I don't have the heart to let her cry it out-any suggestions. she doesn't eat or drink at night-she just keeps waking....

Jo333

Asked by Jo333 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does she have a night time routine? If not stat with that. Try a bath followed by a bedtime story or song and then tuck her in. If that doesn't work try sitting with her in a chair right up against her bed until she's pretty much asleep. The next night put her in her bed and sit in the chair. Every night move the chair a little further away until the chair is outside her door.After about a week or two you should be able to close the door.Don't worry if you have to backtrack a little one or two nights. It happens.
    LeBoof

Answer by LeBoof at 10:18 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• My suggestion is put something of yours in her crib Blanket, Pillow, Stuffed animal anything that may have your scent on it she just may want to be close to you. try it and Please let me know how things are working for you
    wlmead

Answer by wlmead at 10:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Maybe the baby is teething. check if her gums are red and/or swollen. You can buy teething pain relief tablets. They sell them everywhere and are made of natural ingredients...
    chinsmom

Answer by chinsmom at 11:44 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• When you go in to check on her in the night, don't hold her, rock her, sing to her, read to her, talk to her, or even look her in the eye. Every time you interact with her in any way in the middle of the night, you are reinforcing her pattern of waking up.
    Also, keep in mind that letting a 14 month old toddler "cry it out" is far different than letting a 4 month old baby do it. A 14 month old isn't just crying - she's throwing a tantrum because you aren't doing what she wants you to do. How do you deal with a tantrum in a store? Do you give her everything she wants so she doesn't throw one because you don't have the heart to see her so upset? Or do you let her throw the fit and ignore the improper behavior?
    When I realized that I was encouraging her to throw fits is when I decided enough was enough.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• has she always been this way or just started? Sorry no help, but not enough info =[
    newmommyy322

Answer by newmommyy322 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2008