Macaroni and Cheese

My 23mo ds is going through a phase where all he wants to eat is macaroni and cheese. Or just cheese in general. He's not getting constipated at all, that's not the issue...I just wondered if you fellow toddler mamas had any advice on how to stimulate his desire to eat something else!

Asked by jspenny2705 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL DD went through the EXACT same thing when she was the same age. She still has days like that (she'll be 2.5 in a few weeks). Just keep offering different foods. Eventually they get tired of it.

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Can you toss some other things into the mac n cheese? like brocoli or cut up hotdogs?

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:54 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My kids were like that, but they were also the types that if they saw you really enjoying something different they wanted it bad. I used to fake loving something with MMMMM's and yummie's and they would beg for a portion of it.

Answer by vbruno at 11:54 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• You could try mixing things in with the mac and ground beef or hot dogs. Good luck, Mama! I hope he gets over this phase soon. :)

Answer by Kword at 11:54 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• so been there... Just add a new menu item every day to his mac.

Answer by mamacita69930 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Just keep adding things to the mac & cheese so he gets variety. Eventually he'll get over it. :)

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I do add things to the macaroni and cheese, like ground beef and broccoli. He doesn't care what's in it at all. He is interested in everything my husband and I eat and we never leave him out of anything. He just doesn't eat it unless we feed it to him, all he wants himself is macaroni and cheese lol

Comment by jspenny2705 (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Quit making/giving the mac & cheese.

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2011