Extra energy?

Ok my BF has been working for the past 2 1/2 months after not working for 2 yrs. His day is really long and hes on the go all day and hes sooo tired...I asked him to take some vitimins but he doesnt like taking any kind of meds. Is there anything that I can give him to eat or drink that will give him more energy? or is there a liquid supplement that I can give him in his drink (so he wont know) that would help, something without any side effects? (jitters, rapid heartbeat ect.)

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Health

• Coffee. Stay away from the energy drinks and shots. They just arnt safe and NOT FDA controlled or regulated.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:55 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• DO NOT give him anything without him knowing about it.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:56 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• You can get liquid vitamins for adults if you look in the right places. I don't take or sell them, but Vision 4 Life has some really good ones. It tastes like orange juice and my kids like taking that if they're offered (from a safe person who also asks me first). Vitamins and making sure he's staying hydrated (water) and getting enough sleep will help, keep him away from sugar drinks & caffiene (coffee, sodas, etc).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• That's a tough one. If he wont take vitamins, then he needs to eat enough fruits, veggies, protein, etc. every day. Energy drinks have a funky taste & have caffeine & sugar in them. Maybe he'll let you make him a protein shake. But he's a big boy, so he'll have to do his part & make sure he gets enough sleep every nite. It could just be taking him a while after being off for 2 years, to get back into the swing of things. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• He will get over the tiredness. You said yourself he hasn't done it in a few years. If you give him something as a fast fix it will backfire and he will crash. If it is really bad he can do light exersize.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 12:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Dont worry about it if he doesnt want anything you should just respect that. My dh was also out of work almost 2 yrs and ended up at a job working 12 or more hours a day. It took awhile to get used to and he gets tired even still. He will be fine just encourage him to drink alot of water and make meals that have nutritional value. If you pack his lunch maybe add some things with peanut butter.

Answer by gemgem at 12:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Hey, how are? Did your bf back home and u guys togther now?
    lelly1019

Answer by lelly1019 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Just provide meals that are nutritious, if you are the one who does the cooking.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• If you give him something he doesn't know about and something happens he can't tell the doctor what he took. Thats a bad idea.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 12:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011