Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can i have cribs or pack and plays donated

I work for the department of human services. My goal is to help young mother with their children and prevent co-sleeping.

Answer Question

Asked by stephbaby009 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 3 (13 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Why do you want to prevent co-sleeping? Old cribs and p&p (that do not meet new safety standards) are more dangerous than properly bed-sharing.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

  • You can put an ad in craigslist, go to freecycle asking for cribs and play pens etc. BTW thanks for the reminder lol. We donate usually to the teen pregnancy program here. I have 3 cribs and have been wondering what to do with them. I dont know how I forgot about them.

    Answer by gemgem at 11:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

  • You could put up flyers asking people to donate? Keep in mind, that drop side cribs are no longer considered safe. I don't know if it's legal to redistribute them or not.

    Answer by Kword at 12:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

  • It is my job to prvent co-sleeping to protect small infants from being rolled on. Yes some cribs are unsafe; but id rather my child be in a crib on their back then in my bed up under me. I would not want to wake up and find my child not breathing. Also many young mothers still need to learn many skills and know about co-sleeping. All i am asking for is support and help.

    Comment by stephbaby009 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.