have you had a "i've turned into my mother moment"?

the other day my dh 16 year old nephew was staying with us for a couple of days and he was listening to the radio and it was some song where they weren't even singing just screaming with drums in the background and i heard myself saying "that's not even music it's just someone screaming, turn that down". after i said it i thought omg, did my mother just enter my body? has this happened to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• lol I catch myself sounding like my mom all the time. Makes me want to slap myself
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:03 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• ALL THE TIME! And I hate it because I still remember constantly telling my mother "I will never say that to my kids!" Now when my ds says that I tell him that I said that too, but here I am saying Mom things like "because I said so" because there is nothing else to say.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:07 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• lol..yes! my hubby actually reminds me of the little things i do that remind him of my mother doing that! i dont mean to, but i dont see it being so bad either.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Yep! For me it was when I caught myself telling son "the world will judge your character based on the friends you keep!" That was my mother's favorite line! OMG!!!!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 9:41 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• When you grow up. Yes you find yourself acting like your Mom Every women goes threw it. I hate to say. I'm guilty of it too.

Answer by louise2 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• hahaha..Yes,

I laugh like my mother Giggle like my mother,

Talk like my mother,

My mother is my best friend, so i dont mind ...because she is a great mother,,!!!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Yep I am a younger version of my mom.I act just like her.My DH tells me I sound like her all the time.I don't mind though because I think my mom is awesome.
    wifey2006

Answer by wifey2006 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Half the time people cant tell me and my mother apart over the phone but actually acting like her and saying the things she said not so much. My grandmother raised me until I was 16 so I find myself more like her
    sweetdragoness

Answer by sweetdragoness at 10:26 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Yes, I find myself sounding like my mother all the time. When we get older and have kids of our own it's so much easier to see where our parents were coming from. Lol. My Mom is a wonderful person. To hibicent: I love your mother's line. Lol. Gonna have to use that one myself. Lol.
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 10:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Yes, the first time I caught myself giving my daughter a "spit bath," I knew it was official-- I had become my mother! My husband has called me Marilyn (my mom's name) Junior a few times! That's okay, though, we both adore her and think she's great!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 24, 2008