How can I stop my DD of 32 months to stop sucking her fingers?

She suck her two middle fingers, I tried spice things, tape even polish remover, but nothing.
Does anyone know what I can do????

Culikgada

Asked by Culikgada at 12:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• why can't you just say my 2 1/2 hear old??? really the months need to stop
    Anonymous

• I am just giving it time. She only does it during bedtime and naptime.

I figure that she will outgrow it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Anon, because there is a HUGE developmental difference between a 2 year old that is 25 months and one that is 32 months old.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My 3 year old does this. She started it at 6 months when we got rid of her passie, which she gave up on her own. She tends to do it more when she is upset or tired. It is really hard to break the habit because you really can't take their fingers away. I would say with time she may stop, but I really don't have any advice to give because I haven't been able to break it either. I wish you lots of luck! I hope someone is able to give you the answers you need. Let me know if you get a good one :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• There is this finger guard from One Step Ahead. I gave you the website if you wanted to see it. I do want to warn you its expensive!

http://www.onestepahead.com/popup/zoom.jsp?productId=5894&imageDir=ensemble&altImage=2
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2011