Can you get a yeast infection in your butt crack (lol.. for reals though)

Ever since I had my son in december, I occasionally have soreness in my crack! I know, it sounds weird, but it just feels very tender (like when I wipe or shower). I am a very hygenic person.. though as a busy mom of 3 boys etc.. i may only get a shower every 3 days. I do notice it gets worse the longer i go.. I actually checked in the mirror (yes this was entertaining) and it looks reddened and almost like a cut? just a small sore area, with some whitishness around it which i am guessing is either yeast or i dont know . doesnt look like an infection.. but i dont know. I would REALLY like to avoid going to the doc to have him look at my crack.... anyone have anything like this?

it comes and goes.... but this time it seems a little worse.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Health

• a yeast infection is a fungal infection and yes you can get a fungal infection anywhere on the body
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i know what a yeast infection is.. just never heard of getting one in your crack... so wondering if anyone has experienced this before....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Could be yeast, But Id wager it's a hemmoroid thats flaring up on you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Try eating yogurt or taking acidophillis supplements, and just wiping a thin layer of monistat cream on that area once a day. My guess is that if you have yeast overgrowth there, you are probably out of balance elsewhere, and the yogurt could only help.

It also could be irritated from lack of skin oil, which might be caused by your fluctuating hormones, so, make sure your body-wash is hypoallergenic and non-drying.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Wash the area and use diaper rash cream on it. It might help.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 12:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I had this happen after my first daughter. Doctor didn't really give me a reason on why it was happening. He said that it is possible that there was not enough air getting in there, lol. He told me to put good ole' diaper cream on it until it healed up. After I did that I never had the problem again. Still to this day does it confuse me on why that happened.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Imagination mama had a good answer. I bet that would help too!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• well..my baby had a yeast infection on the back of his head! Yeah..I was shocked and a bit dismayed,lol..but yeah..I found out you can get an yeast infection just about anywhere.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Sure you can! I have gigantic boobs and I have gotten a yeast infection under my boobs twice. You can get it anywhere in your body, but like any fungus, it thrives where there is heat and moisture.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• it could also be a fungal infection similar to "jock itch"... but it doesn't necessarily have to itch. You can try some Lotrimin (walmart brand is as good as any) for about 2 weeks to see if that helps!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2011