About my daughter not going to school........

Sry didnt say somethings as why my daughter doesnt want to go to school. She has been abused phyically and mentally. She has been to counslors and on pills for depression.We are involved with DHS and she has her own attorney and so on. She is very defiant and has even cut on herself and stuck a safety pin thru her lip!!! I just at my wits end about what to do with her and just wanted some ideas or if anyone else has been thru this. And by the way it was her father that did all this to her!!!

Scottsgirl43

Asked by Scottsgirl43 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• :( *hugs* Bump
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Not sure how old your daughter is, but what about alternative or online school or homeschooling?

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My daughter was like that when she was in the public school system. She got bullied really bad to the point she was hearing things. I took her out and started homeschooling her. It was the best thing I could of done for her! She is totally a different child now because of it!
    Larorne

Answer by Larorne at 12:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I knew allot of kids who went thru things like that when I worked at a psych ward! I dont know what to tell you, but always support and love her no matter whay she may do! GOOD LUCK! HUGS <3
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• We homeschool for other reasons, but it has been a fantastic experience. If I were in your position, I wouldn't think twice about it, I would do it. I am a teacher, so I probably feel more comfortable with it than others might, but there are great online homeschool programs that are free or low cost. These are extremely helpful for parents that are in your situation, because you still have a teacher and the curriculum is provided, but it is at home with you.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I wish I knew how to help. :(
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2011