Romance?

how much romance do you still have in your marriage? does your hubby or bf still go out of his way to do nice or thoughtful things for you? :)

roseisrose

Asked by roseisrose at 12:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• We have a good relationship. He is thoughtful of my feelings and vise-versa. A good mate is worth the wait!
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I am very blessed after over 5 years I am still as crazy in love with my SO as when we first met and he with me. He is affectionate and loving. He is thoughtful and gives me massages when he knows I've had a bad day, makes me dinner, does his share of household chores. He loves my obnoxious teenager as if she were his own and puts up with her shannigans. He calls if he'll be late and is very passionate with me. It took me two marriages but I finally found a good one! We are still so in love. I'm a lucky lady!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yes we still have the romance i think more now than when we were younger... But sometimes it does not come in the form of a hug or a kiss or cuddling. Even thought he can not fall asleep at night without throwing his arm around my waist. But he makes me laugh and i love that about him. He makes our kids laugh to uncontrollably

BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No, unfortunately, we've fallen into a bit of a rut. We are both guilty of not making time for just "us". Hopefully we wont have to wait until our annual anniversary get away to get that back! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• He gets me little things that he knows I like, but for us to get away or go out to a movie not in a long while its seems the only time we get to do something is on our anniverary
    morenarfr05

Answer by morenarfr05 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• We've gone through some ruts but right now, he's been really good about it.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 12:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I don't think he has ever done any of those "sweet" or "nice" things for me. He is far too practical to dote on me...yeah, that is as irritating as it sounds. LOL! He will do things like replacing a showerhead to something nicer to make things more comfortable around the house, takes perfect care of our finances so we will be able to retire and send our children to school, takes time to help with our daughters and their educations (homeschool), etc. All practical things, and the fact that he does it so well and so thoroughly is sweet, and the intention behind it is sweet...but as far as cards and flowers and little special extras...not in a million years.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My husband and I have been dating since we were 15, we are now 22. He was sweet in the beginning, things slowed down a little bit once we hit the 'real world' but now that we are much more established and happier, he's starting to pull some romance out of the woodwork and I LOVE IT :D
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Romance is dead in my relationship! My hubby "claims" he was never romantic. His other excuse is that he needs romance too. Is he kidding me? I romance him by cooking his favorite meals, running his epsom salt baths, rubbing his shoulders after work, cleaning, and the greatest sex ever. At least we agree on that. LOL!
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My boyfriend really does go out of his way to do nice things to "put a smile on my face". He's very good to me, I'm blessed.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2011