Am i a bad mom??

ok my daughter has fell off the bed quite a few times. She just started crawling like 2 weeks ago but she has fell off a couple times b4 this. yday i was in a hurry (we had to leave) and i was gettin some pants for her and she fell off onto her arm she hurt it and now i have to take her to the dr today around 4. Well i called my friend and told her and she was like damn she falls off the bed alot. You need to stop putting her up there blah blah. well it pissed me off because she said it in a i've never done that b4 when everyone knows things happen like this when you have kids. She only has one who is just starting her terrible 2s. but anyway my question is am i a bad mom for this? She made me feel like shit for this when i already feel bad enough

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't know, I guess after the first or second time, I'd stop leaving her on the bed unsupervised.. I think I'd say the same thing If I were your friend..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• If she's crawling off the bed and hurting herself, you need to stop putting her on the bed unattended. I'm not saying you're a "bad mom", but on this, I'd have to say I agree with your friend. Sorry.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Mine usually fell off the bed once and then they went into a play pen while I got us ready or did what I needed to get done. Maybe she just was trying to point out you keep making the same mistake?

Answer by gemgem at 12:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• The only bad mom is the one who intentionally beats her baby.

That said... ever heard the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me?"

Baby's fooled you a few times.... no more putting her on the bed, I'm afraid! Once a genie is out of the bottle, there's no putting it back.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• sorry, but you are suspicious! I have 5 kids, and I may have ha one or two fall off of their bed once! I mean hat kind of "genious" repeats the same dumb mistake over and over? It makes you look neglectful and irrisponsible! Abad mom, no! An irrisponsible mom, yes! Sorry, but it is the truth!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I use(d) playpens.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No, you are not a bad mom, you are a mom who is learning. Now that your baby is mobile, it will be necessary to adjust where you place her for her safety. Also, it could send up red flags to health care workers to hear that - so for your child's well being, as well as for your personal peace of mind, take whatever steps necessary to keep your house as baby safe as possible!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• your not a bad mom but id start paying more attention, after the first time i wouldnt leave them anywhre they could crawl or roll off of again. accidents happen but not repeatedly...just be more careful
    mama2r

Answer by mama2r at 12:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Not a bad mom, maybe a little clueless but who isn't their first time around. Change the baby on the floor and you won't have to wrry about her falling off the bed.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• im not saying she was wrong for saying it but i wish you ladies could have heard her tone. She literally acts like she doesn no wrong and that her child is an angel. even when her situatuion is worse than others she acts like its better than anyones. I mean i know i should have known not to leave her on the bed and i made a mistake but i didnt like how she was making me feel worse. I already feel like a real dumbass i dont need help with feeling worse.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2011