Do you attend parent/teacher conference?

I do..I have a neighbor who NEVER goes...

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes I feel guilty when I dont. Like it really eats me and I think someone is going to think I am a horrible parent. I wrote the wrong date down for the last one and I went in the next day and apologized. She laughed and said she sees me outside every day and was just going to pull me in since she figured I forgot. I felt bad though because I know teachers have to stay after and I hate wasting someones time.

Answer by gemgem at 12:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I do as well. It helps me to know where my son's at academically, socially, emotionally, as well as behavioral wise.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I always do, I am glad that my sons school does them late enough in the day so I can attend,
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yes! Here the conferences are led by the student from 3rd thru 5th grade - they show the parents what they've been working on this year, what their strengths are, where they've struggled, how they've overcome problems, etc. It's a huge confidence builder for them and I love hearing my kids talk about the things they've done.

Answer by missanc at 2:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Always. I also stop in once a week to talk with my oldest son's teacher and I talk to my youngest son's teacher almost every day when I pick him up.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yes!
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• yes, i always do
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yes I do
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 1:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Of course!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Depends. I missed them the first trimester. My husband works and has the car. The school is 2 miles away and it is always raining and I have a baby. I wasn't about to walk 2 miles in the pouring rain with 5 kids. It would have taken an hour to walk there and an hour to walk back at night. I never got around to rescheduling them but I wasn't worried about the kids...they were all doing good in school.
    This term they are only do conferences if they think the child needs one and I have one for my son (who is struggling with reading). Luckily it's on my dh's day off. I never went to any for my oldest when she was in kindergarten and 1st grade. I had no way to get to her school (which was several miles away up a huge hill with no sidewalks leading to it and winding, blind roads with no sidewalks and a 30mph speed limit.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2011