Dry scalp

my daughter is 3months old and im noticing that a small part of her scalp is very dry, and because its so dry the skin is pealing a bit. is that normal? any suggestions on what to do to smooth the skin? do i put lotion in her hair or sumthing ? lol

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's called cradle cap. I treated my daughters by soaking her scalp with baby oil for about 5 minutes then washing it out really well with baby shampoo about twice. Then, take a fine toothed plastic baby comb and GENTLY scrape the "scales" off by moving the comb from the front of the head to the back. It took my first daughter two treatments, a few days apart, and they were gone for good. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• haha its normal. my daughter had it too for the longest time. cradles cap i think its called...i got told all sorts of things. put baby lotion on it. use hypoallergenic non scented baby shampoo and if it persists when she gets up to a yr try head and shoulders
    mama2r

Answer by mama2r at 12:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2011