Does anyone know (Some what long)

where i can have a lie detector test administered. I have been dealing with some feeling for some time now and frankly getting tired of it. My mom and I growing up has not had the best of a relationship because i am still SO upset with her even though every I try not to act like it because shes my mother. But some things you just cant let go. I think she thinks that i forget but something in this form no one forgets. Any way I want to prove to her that the situation that i am talking about. That I did not lie. I am tired of feeling like I cant even really explain it, but when I am around her she dosent say anything but she makes me feel like less of a person. I dont kn ow why I do but I do. I Know the type of person that she is. And that had a big influence on why i got out on my own so early luckly things worked out for me because once I left i refused to go back. But I have been dealing with this for maybe 19 years now. CAn you imagine the agony. The trip part is that i am more angry at my mom for not believing me than the situation that happened. Or Should I just let it go, Because that I dont know how to do.

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• You know what happened. Sounds like your mom is in complete denial. Even if you showed her the lie detector with TRUTHFUL written in red ink across the top she would still not believe you. Try to let it go, I know this is so easy to say and so hard to do, but nothing is going to change her mind. I'm very sorry, I know it happened. (been there, lived like this for many years)
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• You should consider counseling and maybe having a group counseling session with your mom involved so you can talk about it. Good luck.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Your mom is probably in denial. She doesn't want the guilt or resposibility of believing what happened to you, therefore she won't. I don't think a lie etector would help you. Your mom probably knows you're being truthful, but to protect herself from her own feelings she has convinced herself you're lying. She probably even knew what was going on at the time but was too scared to speak up so looked the other way. Some people truly believe that if you ignore something it will go away. And so their brains don't process information the way they should, so they dont have to face the truth. I think mmaybe you and your mom would benfit more from therapy, together or seperately
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I agree with meooma - sounds like even if you had it on replay and she went through it again, she wouldn't acknowledge. In life ya gotta know when to tap out and just walk away. YOU know what happened so why keep trying to convince her? I will say it again over and over - JUST because you gave birth to someone, are their offspring, sibling or whatever WHY OH WHY do we feel compelled that we have to work things out? Some things are so messed up that you need to extricate yourself from their lives and a relationship with them. I would just walk away and if this isn't a healthy relationship in other aspects - then close the door. Women wouldn't encourage each other to stay in an emotionally abusive marriage - but when we talk about "family" the opinions change. I say move on.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Thanks for your input you guys. You know my dh tells me some of the same things. He also says that the mistakes that my mother made with me is what makes me a better m other because i know what and what not to do when it comes to our kids. But letting it go is real hard for me because i just feel like it is a chapter in my life that will never close.

BUTTERFLY463

Comment by BUTTERFLY463 (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2011