Out of the blue i received a child support check in the mail for my children, i did'nt get a notice or anything

all i can say that it was a lump sum because the payments are this high,and that the check was in a yellow envelope but he is way behind in his payments, he keep quitting his jobs when it's time to pay, i thought something was wrong when i seen the amount i had to look at it twice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Enjoy spending.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• This happens to my MIL, she doesn't receive payment until he gets arrested for something and then she gets a large amount all at once, followed with a dry spell until he is arrested again. He doesn't work or pays his taxes.
    If he wasn't arrested that amount could have come from when he filed his taxes.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• woohoo Dont question it!  Go to the bank, do not pass go, do directly to the bank & deposit that sucker!  -lol  It could be they attached his tax refund- good for you girl! 

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Spend it wisely.

Answer by louise2 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It's called Tax Time lol! They garnished his income tax return most likely. Happens every year to 2 of my friends. They get nothing all yr from the dead beats then get a big check around tax time.
    Anonymous

• Congrats! Same thing happened to me and I had to call and make sure it was real. The CSE office laughed and said yes it is and they had I guess taken his tax return a year before and I had no clue, so they sent me that, plus more. It ended up being a couple tax returns I got of his in one year.

Answer by gemgem at 12:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yeah, the only reason my ex started having his child support payments taken out of his paychecks automatically is because he found out that he could be in serious trouble at tax time and whoever does his taxes can legally have any tax credit sent to me. He didn't want to get a high refund back one year and have to give it all to me, so he has given in to paying his monthly amount without argument. That's why it's always good to have the child support payments on file with the courts.
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 12:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• l am a single mom and l have no money of my kids dad what so ever and he on benfents
    Dawnyummymummy

Answer by Dawnyummymummy at 1:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It has to be on file that he pay child support or you won't see any money.
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 1:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• yep, it's probably the income tax thing
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2011