Carpet in dining area? what can i do?

i am moving to an apartment and they put carpet in the dining area.. um, i have kids! i dont want to ruin the carpet, so Im not sure what to do. I want my place to look nice, so I am trying to think of what i can put under neath the table. Another throw rug is going to get just as messy.... kwim? any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• But another rug will be more easily removed and drycleaned or laundered in some fashion.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• it would have to be done daily though... my kids are young and have a million spills a day. i would love something that could be cleaned up easy..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• They have large area clear plastic mats for this. I've seen them, but I don't know where you could get one.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Office supply stores have those large mats. Some are clear, too.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yeah - one of those big clear plastic mats. That's a major pet peeve of mine! When I had to move into a townhouse with my 3 small kids I picked the one place out of hundreds that had an eat in breakfast nook with tile.

Answer by missanc at 2:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• What about the mats that are generally used for under computer chairs in offices?
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Home Depot sells plastic runway type things to protect carpet from mud and other such messes. Definitely try it !
    PrincessStacy

Answer by PrincessStacy at 3:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Buy a large plastic tablecloth and when it is dirty it can go in the washer.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• the carpet is shag (a good kind though.. love it!) ! so its gonna be hard to set teh mat and then the table without he edges sticking up, right? how will i get those to stay down?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• An outdoor rug would work well, if it gets too bad you could hose it off and scrub it with some baking soda...they are more durable if you are planning on it getting alot of wear and tear
    LovelyC

Answer by LovelyC at 6:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2011