UPDATE IN RED--Help Please(TMI) adult content

March 16th, 2011---Just got back home from the hospital--they kept me overnight for observation--they ran a bunch of tests and did an ultrasound on my pelvic and then a vaginal ultrasound to check my ovaries and everything else am just waiting on the Doctor to call me back.  He told me to take it easy and not do much till we know what is going on.  The bleeding has subsided some; not going through as many pads and not as dizzy headed.

My husband is on his way home from work right now and we are going in to ER to see what they say--I am dizzy headed feeling faint and can't stand up or I would take myself.

I have been bleeding non stop since February 25th and very heavily too. I went to my doctor and he ordered an ultrasound which I had done today but the thing is I am going through a nighttime long pad an hour(I don't use tampons) and have been having such terrible cramping that sometimes they bend me right over and bring tears to my eyes it hurts so bad; and now it is burning when I go to the bathroom; is there anything I can do here at home to relieve some of the pain. Thanks

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Health

• Is your doc aware of just how heavily you are bleeding? Has it gotten worse since you had the ultrasound? I am worried about you. May be time for a visit to the ER.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 1:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It sounds dangerous to be bleeding that much for that long! Go to the ER!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• If the burning is new I would call and let the doctor know that. If it is from a urinary tract infection you might drink cranberry juice. It has been known to help some. For the cramping you might try a heating pad on your pelvis area. I hope they have told you to rest and they find out qucikly what is wrong!!!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Oh I feel so bad for you! I know you said you had an ultrasoung, but I would either be calling your doctor or heading to the ER. That is scary. Let us know what you find out.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• oh wow, it doesnt sound good to be bleeding that bad for that long and be in pain. im sorry your going through that and keep you in my prayers. id def stay at the hosp. until thy could help somewhat
    mama2r

Answer by mama2r at 1:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Ultrasound*
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• seems bad to me. And thats all the doctors said just an ulrasound and you been bleeding for 18 days heavily?!!
    You better get that checked out now!
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 1:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I'm really surprised your doctor isn't concerned about the amount you are bleeding. I would go to the ER right away. You could be hemmoraging and time is not on your side if that is the case. Worst case scenario, they send you home and say its nothing. But it really does sound serious.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• bump for you take care.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• go to the ER, you are never suppose to fill up a pad every hour, like top to bottom, a girl is suppose to only have 4-6oz of blood every time her PMS comes around, please go an let us know what is going on, ill keep you in my prayers. good luck.

mom_ftrr4

Answer by mom_ftrr4 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2011