what would you do?

I bought a car for 2,000 from my husband's sister (who owned the car but had given it to her son) well he got a brand new car so he didnt want his old one, which is a 98 or 97 Ford Taurus. Ok. So when we went to pick up the car, it had a huge amplifier in it and speakers, his sister had previously printed out a bill of sale and we gave her 200 dollars (we were making monthly payments) anyway, later on after we had left with the car and it was OURS, his nephew called his mom and said he wanted the speakers and etc out. I say he should of taken everything he wanted out of the car and my husband of course not wanting to cause drama, doesnt want to give the speakers back, but doesnt want conflict. Well my problem is this, the car broke down, we just bought it! not even finished paying it off, would you give the speakers back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• sounds like you want them out of spite over the car breaking i would give them back maybe he did not have time to get them out its family and the holidays they cut you a break with payments why upset them as far as it being broke ask them if they can let you make lower payments until it's fixed after all you could of taken it to a mechanic and had it looked at before you bought it ...I would not lose family over it ...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i would make a deal, but dont always take my advice, im a evil thinker, but anyway the deal i would do is this, i would see how much it would cost to repair what is broken in/on the car and tell them that you will only give the speaker's back if that person deducts the amount it takes to fix your car.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i meant the person that you bought it from deducts the amount you owe on the car
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• and threaten that you have a pawn shop that would love speakers! ok im outta here, im getting too evil
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Did her son have the time to get his speakers out of the car? I would give the speakers back. I don't think you bought the car because of the speakers. I have to assume in the contract it did not list the speakers as staying. Anyway, tough situation, I would give the speakers back. I wouldn't let this small issue start drama...it's not worth it...it's just a pair of speakers.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:56 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• You were sold a car and when you buy a car what is in it is yours. They had no right to take them out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• yes dont blame them for the car not running,thats what happens when you buy used i no.good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• The car is your's. Legally he should have removed them or talked to you and told you he wanted them back before you signed the bill of sale but if it were me I'd tell him NICELY that if he could come help me get the car running then he could have the speakers back. That way you are not just giving him the speakers. He is working for them and everyone is happy.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:34 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• he didn't have anything to do with the sale. unless there was a clear discussion regarding this equipment being part of the sale and you know for certain he was given clear guidance and information to remove them, i would return them. cars break down. this is your family. you don't have to give them back but why not? good car karma... you need it...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 24, 2008