How do you keep busy to make the time fly by?

Just found out in the last couple of minutes that my dh has to go out of town for work. I hate when my dh goes out of town only because when he is not around my heart achs. I miss him so much when he gone that I always cry myself to sleep. This time I don't want to be so sad thru the week so I am asking what can I do as a mom to make the days and week fly by.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Get out if the weather is good and go for a nice walk. Take hot baths at night. Read a good book. Rent some movies.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Put on some fun music and tackle a housekeeping chore that you've been putting off, and can finish in one day -- like cleaning out a kitchen shelf or a closet. Maybe pick a task that you know he will notice and enjoy the change. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My SO is an otr truck driver, so he's gone a lot. I help the kids with homework, cook, clean, get them bathed, and so on after they get home from school. While they're at school or on weekends or whatever, I'm also a writer and a photographer with my own website, so I either take my camera and go find places to take pictures, or I'm editing pics or writing articles, all to go on my website. If I'm not doing any of that, I'm watching one of my TV shows, or a movie, or reading a book or a magazine.

Really, what you want to do is find something that you really love to do but don't generally get to do when he's at home for whatever reason and do that. That alloows you to do something you enjoy, but you also don't end up missing him - with anything else, you might do it but think "gee, I wish he was here" but if you don't get to do it when he's home, you won't think that.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Have your girlfriend(s) come over and keep you company. The good talks and laughter will help you forget about that ticking clock.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• omg. I cant believe you are asking this question. LOL i am just playing. You are lucky you get some time to you self. I love my hubby to death but when we are around each other tooo much it can be a little overwhelming. And im like talking about when he is like on vacation, or for holiday or something. I always tell him man i cant wait for you to go back to work. He laughs i am all the way serious, even though i laugh too. But when he goes to work than i miss him, But take this time to your self have him leave you with HIS CREDTIT CARD. you dont want to run up yours. Lmao Go do a yoga class or something. JOin a group of somewhat and have something to do when he goes out of town. Have any sisters spend quality time with them. When he gets home its worth the wait.

BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My husband has been gone most of the last 4 years with all the deployments and training he's done. I learned along time ago that you just have to find things to do. Take the kids to the park or the mall. Find some play groups, take a day trip somewhere. Clean things you don't usually clean etc.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 3:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• How long will he be gone? Try learning a new craft, talent, etc...Clean out things, drawers, rooms. Paint/ re-do a room. Go visit somebody a few hours away. Maybe a day trip.Gather things for a yard sale. Go to yard sales. Get outside. Plant a garden. He'll be very impressed when he gets home. : )
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Thank you everyone for your suggestions, just so that you all know, I am a newly wed. We just got married in 2010. That is why it is so hard for me to sit here while he goes off to earn $$$$$. I did find out that he will be coming home for the first two weekends and then he will be on a 12 hr day 7 days a week. Ugh! The money is nice, but I really miss him when he is gone. See we both work for the same company. The only difference is that I don't travel becasue of children. So basically I knew he went out of town on jobs. I just want him home more with the family.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:11 AM on Mar. 16, 2011