Faith without works is dead..

Are you praying for the people in Japan?
Is that enough?
Wouldn't they benefit more if you sent money? After all, "Faith without works, is dead" Right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Religious Debate

• We sent $50 not because of faith or religion (and most might call me religious), but because it seems like the right thing to do.

Answer by gemgem at 8:32 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I think people need to stop using the events in Japan as a preaching platform whether they're preaching the "end of the world" or "faith without works".
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i can have faith that i'll win the lottery but if i dont buy a ticket it wont happen. well-wishes & prayers are good, but sending in even $10 helps right now. we need to do whatever we can to help & that includes actions & prayers (well-wishes, positive energy, etc).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I send out postive engery and visualize a lush green and healed Japan. I also donate to charities such as Doctors without Boarders.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I'm just curious how praying for people in Japan, or anywhere else for that matter, is going to help them? Wouldn't physically going to help them or sending money benefit them more? People can pray for other people all day long, but saying you want something to happen is not going to benefit anybody except yourself, by making you feel better that you prayed about it. Getting out in the world and actually helping make things happen, seems much more constructive. We need to be people of action. We cannot accomplish anything by praying or wishing.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 3:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Can we pray and send money OR if we have no money to send, can we not just pray- why is it not OK for people to do what they can and what they feel is right or what they are able to offer- are only those with money good enough- how about those with compassion and positive energy-some how less than? I guess I don't get the point of the post-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 7:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I think positive thoughts being sent out in any form can do SOME good. But hardly as much as if people sent money, or offered to help in any way.
    Positive energy is wonderful...but it's not the end all, be all to helping with such a huge distaster.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Right.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 3:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Offering prayer is as good as offering nothing. There is no proof that prayer does a damn thing. A dollar is a thousand times more effective than a prayer.

Compassion and positive energy? Those don't do anything. Humans do not manipulate energy in Japan by thinking a happy thought or clasping their hands together and bowing their heads asking an invisible god to help. Ya got 50 cents? Even that would go further.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Faith without works is probably not faith.

I'm truly sorry for people who don't believe in the power of prayer.
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 3:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2011