What to do?

My dh and I had an argument on Friday night painful things where said and I couldnt sleep that same night. Couple days later I find myself not feeling the same way about him. Have you ever felt this way before? Does this feeling go away?

morenarfr05

Asked by morenarfr05 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes I have and going through it right now as we speak, but I don't think you fall out of love. It's just a crappy time, and it will pass.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Sorry :-( , In my experience, it is best to be honest with each other. Let him know you feel differently after your arguement and you don't like it, chances are he is feeling the same. Sometimes these things can be just what you need to move to the next level in your relationship.. Through the years there are many changes and growing pains. Learning to not argue in a destructive way is a core coping skill couples need. Do not past-trip to the negativity and pain of the past arguement. Yesterday is gone. Forgive each other. We are human and make mistakes. When you are "feeling" bad, remember what made you fall in love with him to begin with- it truely helps. Just move forward and love each other. It is the thoughts you feed which control you so keep it positive...
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Depends on what kind of things were said and anything else that might have happened in the argument.

Generally those things will be forgotten. You may not ever have the honeymoon feeling again, but that's normal. Your feelings for each other will constantly evolve and change as the years go on. Sometimes they will be negative, sometimes they will be positive.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Feeling this way right now. Same thing fights on friday and saturday. Sunday he wants to cuddle and have sex like those damaging things were never said. It's not after every argument I feel less in love or close to him just ones that he says hurtful things that can NEVER be taken back. I don't know if my feelings will ever be the same. As the years pass I find myself less in love and closer to leaving him. I wish you the best. Hope you can get those feelings back or grow newer stronger ones.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• You are just mad at him right now, But i dont know what kind of things were said, And you know what peoplw say things out of anger and sometimes its the things that we wont say i we werent angry but they are true. So what you teo need to do is talk about what happened, ask what waws meant by the things that were said and see if you can get past it.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Depends on what was said. If things were said that bring to light some deep resentments that you were never aware of, then it may be something hard to recover from. If it bothers you so much, sit with him and talk. Hope it gets resolved.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• For me, yes the feeling went away. Give it all time. It could also be you are seeing his true colors. Give it all time. : )
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2011