My six month old costantly has to be held!

How do I get her to sleep by her self, she won't for more then 10 - 15 mins. Shes fine if shes awake in her jumper or playing on the floor it's just when shes tired she needs to be held on the boob or laying beside me on the boob. She won't use a binkey she pulls it out as soon as I put it in. So I have to wait till she good and asleep before I pull her off , sometimes she makes me really sore but I don't know any other way. And as much as I wish I could lay beside her half the day and sleep I can't lol.

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you have a sling? If not, get one! Best investment you'll make and the second most important piece of baby equipment you can have besides the car seat.

Baby is normal. A sling allows her to be "held" while your hands are free.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Or get one of those bears thats has the heart beat sound and wrap it in one of your shirts that your wore all day and get you smell on it and let her snuggle with it. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 1:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My 2nd daughter was the same way and a sling or wrap is probably going to be your best bet. For me, it was a life saver, I could get what I needed to do done and she was content.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Shes too big for the slings lol shes over 20lbs and thats a lot trying to run after a two year old with. I like the heart beat bear idea we have two of them! never thought to use them like that.
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Hmmm maybe a swaddled sleep sack? Wrap her up tight, it might make give her a better sense of security? GL
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• you should fix the prob now before she gets older and the problem gets worse. You should have her cry herself to sleep. She needs to learn to self soothe. I have a friend that held her baby all the time. She is almost 2yrs old and still follows her mom around crying her head off cuz she wants to be held. My friend has 2 older kids to look after. If she goes in another room the baby is right behind her crying. She can't even go to the grocery store and put her in the cart without her trying to get out to be held 24/7. It's INSANE!! Just warning you what could happen if your baby gets too attached to you. You'll never get a break...
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2011