When do you teach nose blowing?

How old was your child when you taught him/her how to blow their nose? And how did you teach them?

oceanlover84

Asked by oceanlover84 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Health

• Well, I tried to teach my daughter when she was 2 but she just couldn't get the hang of it. Finally when she was 4 years old she was so frustrated because she just couldn't figure out how to blow her nose. So, I told her to pretend that she was blowing out birthday candles...but do it with her nose. It's kinda gross to think about but it really worked! She did it on her first try and she was so proud of herself.
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 11:27 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My dd was 15 months, she kinda knew what to do and I would hold a tissue up and tell her to blow, at first she used her mouth to make the noise but then got the hang of it. My other dd was 2 so it depends on if you think they are ready or not.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:06 AM on Nov. 24, 2008