Ever trick your husband like this?

DH is on vacation this week....

So, today is "Get ready to go on vacation day".... laundry, cleaning, packing, etc. I needed to mop the floors, got a house full of white tile. ... He keeps coming in and out, stepping all over what I'm doing, getting in the way of vacuuming, sweeping, etc..... SO I need to mop, but I know what he's gonna do the minute the floors are soaking wet, right?

I ditched my plans to make us lunch and sent him to pick up McDonalds so that I could mop without him tracking in and out.... now I'm just hoping the floors dry before he gets back.

Ever trick your husband to get him out of your way when you need to get something done and he's just proving to be anti-productive --- cuz the only other way is to lock him out of the house. LOL

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 1:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• LOL, no not yet, but no harm no foul.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No. I just tell him he's bothering me & needs to find something else to do.
    Anonymous

• If you take a large bath towel,throw it on the floor then you your feet to dry the floor after youve mopped you dont have to worry about it air drying before he gets back..and it will leave a shiny,water spot free floor ;)
    But yeah...def creative way to get him out of the house for a minute! Sometimes they are like big sloppy kids,lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I make him do the mopping. Easy fix. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 1:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Hell yeah! lol...I was trying to get dinner ready before he got home from work but I needed some more time...like maybe 30 more minutes (when he called me earlier that day I told him that I hadnt made anything but the chicken was already in the oven cooking lol) So anyways I sent him to the store to get me a bunch of stuff I didnt need so that I would have time to finish dinner before he got home lol. He was juiced I cooked and never knew I sent him to the store on a wild goose chase lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No. I actually just tell him to go get on his computer or stay out of the area I need to work on LOL. He says ok.

Answer by gemgem at 1:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yes i have.. Haha. I send him out with DD so they cant get in my way.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Try asking him to mop. lol.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 2:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yes like I'll send him to the store before he comes home from work for something stupid, so I have more time to get whatever done before he gets home and bitches. Because instead of doing it earlier I was watching something even dumber on TV LOL.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I'm telling ya, I think they bring on themselves sometimes..... like I said today is supposed to be 'get ready to go' day..... *WE* are supposed to be getting ready..... but asking him to take a rug outside to shake it out turned into me having to go fetch the rug back from the fence he parked it on.... then walking up and catching him buffing the rims on his old fixer-up truck. He looked up at me like a kid caught stealing bubblegum, grinned and said "I was just *seeing* if it would work"..... and now, he's volunteered to drop off the dry cleaning (which I asked him to do on Saturday morning) ---- ANYTHING to get out of cleaning!

But as punishment for his uncooperative-ness (well more like reward for me for having to do it all myself).... I just called and upgraded our hotel room to a suite with jacuzzi and booked *ME* a massage at the hotel - and him a FACIAL at the spa!). HA! wait'll he finds out!
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2011