Neti Pot?

Everyone I know who has used one LOVES them...but what do you have to do? All I can picture is snorting water, which sounds like a good way to drown to me! LOL!

Still, I can't breathe...I am so congested drowning in water instead of mucus doesn't sound that bad!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Health

• Here, this has the "how too" in it... Very easy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX8HyjZsq_o

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• You make a salt water mixture, 1/4 tsp of salt in it with warm water. Hold it in one nostril, tilt your head to the side, and the water flows through your nostrils. There are directions on the box. And someone where you are buying it could illustrate it too. Or google it and find an actual clip playing it if you are embarassed to ask. Sounds hard, but it's the easiest thing in the world.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I have one and I do love it... It's very simple to do, you simply stop breathing through your nose, tilt your head over the sink and poor the water through one side of your nose. It will naturally flow through one and out the other, you don't have to snort - that would drown you... The point is that it flushes your nasal cavities.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• You basically hold your head down over the sink, and let the saline water run up into one nostril and down and out through the other therefore clearing out your sinuses and nasal passages. If you keep your head tilted correctly and breathe only through your mouth you won't ingest any water but it can be a bit of an unsettling feeling. I've only used it a few times and it didn't really do much for me but I know people that swear by it.
    Anonymous

• I have one also and it really works miracles. I had sinus surgery 2 years ago and since then my nose has been clean and clear. Instructions are on the box its very easy to use.
    Mudda69

Answer by Mudda69 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2011