How do I get out of this funk?

I am so sad. I don't want to talk to anyone. I don't even answer my dh's phone calls. I am so tired of being strong and pretending everything is fine when I feel like I am falling apart inside. I want to go home but I don't know where home is. I haven't even got out of bed yet. this sucks.My kids will be home from school soon.

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 1:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Health

• exercise, it really makes you feel happier for the rest of the day.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• You really need to talk to someone, esp your husband. Sounds like you have depression. Ask for help, its ok to do that. You can't always do it alone.

Talk to your husband and doctor as soon as you can.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 1:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• talk to a dr?
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Talk to someone. Then keep moving down the line until you find someone who can help.
    huntsiekfind

Answer by huntsiekfind at 1:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I think a good first step is to figure out whether you've just got a serious case of the blues or actual clinical depression. Only then can you determine the proper course of action to begin feeling better.
    I do agree with samurai though--whether general blues or deep depression, exercise, fresh air, and sunshine can all be very beneficial.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Maybe you can find a support group or even a anonymus hotline you can call to talk with someone it sounds like your really depressed. Call a friend you haven't spoken to in a while someone thats gonna cheer you up. If not hopefully the encouraging Mom's on this site can boost you up!
    Mudda69

Answer by Mudda69 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I would go to the doctor and get on medication for depression. As suggested exercise is helpful, but it sounds like you are not able to do that because you are in a funk. Get the medication you need and then hopefully you will feel like getting out. I know someone with severe depression and I know it controls you, so go to your doctor.
    tastymama

Answer by tastymama at 10:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2011