Need advice for a friend

Guy and Girl both 22 years old. Girl has graduated college and will be attending more school in North carolina for 18 months and plans to go to med school in the next three years. Guy still in school for pharmacy tech. Been together for 1 month but have been close since high school. They always had feelings for each other but high school was complicated. Guy wants to get engaged before Girll leaves to NC. Girl is open to it but wants to be engaged for 2 years before marriage. Girl knows she loves him and can see them being together forever. Are they too young? Advice please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope, not too young. But she is smart for wanting a long engagement. They will be apart for awhile and it may mean that it won't work.

Just being friends and knowing each other for a long time does not mean that a long distance relationship will work.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Oh, and I also wouldn't get engaged just because they are going away to different colleges. Bad reason to do so.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No I don't think they are too young. They seem to have their heads together while schooling and whatnot.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I don't think they are to young. It isn't like they just met either. They have known each other for years, are friends, and that makes a big difference I think. Sounds like they both have their heads on straight. They are going to college, have goals, know what they want.
    Dh and I met in 9th grade. We were great friends in high school, hung out all the time together. We never dated until I was a junior in college. We got engaged my senior year, when I was 22 and got married 6 months later, right after I turned 23.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• a long engagement is good. If by then, you still love him to pieces, i say marry him.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Not too young. If they have specific plans, why not a 2 year engagement?
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I got married at 18, DH was 19. I know that everyone is not for everyone at that age but it was for us. It just depends.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2011