Napping venting

So my 2 1/2 year old naps fine at day care. But on days he is home he is an absolute terror. Won't stay in his room. Wants more to drink. Plays with everything. Typically it's only a few times of taking him back to bed. But today he is up there crying and whining, which woke the baby. So I shut myself in the computer room to not listen to either of them. I have been trying to find full time work for a month now .... as staying at home with them part time is to the point of boredom, annoying, and just not what I want. I did the SAHM thing for both for 2 years and they started daycare a month ago. And it's been far better than I thought it would be. But days like this I want to scream. Just take your nap, cause when you don't by 6:00 you're an absolute emotional terror.
Sleep is great, but my children don't sleep well. Not even though the night. This I have to say is my least favorite thing about having babies. And honestly is the reason I am done after 2. It's not worth being up 3-5 times a night with both. Then dealing with this during the day. I hate it.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 1:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know exactally what your going thru. I'm going thru it right now. I have 2 year old twins and a 1 year old. The 1 year old usually takes 2 naps a day but he is starting to just take one nap but the twins I am pulling my hair out because of them. If they don't take a nap before 5 pm they don't get a nap the rest of the day and they are usually ready to go to sleep by 8 which I love. My one year old will get up 2 to 3 times a night and the twins will get up at least 1-2 times during the night. One I can give water to and she will go right back to sleep but the other one will not go back to sleep unless she gets milk, and it's can't be cold it has to be warm. Than she is up for 2 hours. Last night I told her to stay in her bed and not get out of it until the sun comes up and I left her room and went back to bed. She got up at least 10 times after that and woke up her sister to. After an hour they both went to sleep.
    momoftwins250

Answer by momoftwins250 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Sounds like you definitely need a break, Mama! I hope you are able to get one soon!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i wish i knew what to tell you about naps! my two and a half year old used to take naps (after some crying and stuff) but now its impossible to even put him down for a nap, he kicks and hits the door and screams as loud as he can... if i try putting him back in his bed he starts to kick me (i'm about 20 weeks pregnant) so that it's working well for me and i'm alone because my husbands deployed, so i have given up all together on putting him in bed for naps, instead i do quiet time, where i let him sit in my room or in the living room and watch tv during the afternoon for about 30 minutes, he usually falls asleep... good luck!
    kmencl3210

Answer by kmencl3210 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• mom of twins, my 2 year old also has to have milk still. he was taking it cold and for whatever reason it has to be warm now. it's maddening.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011