How has CafeMom changed over the years?

Tell us what it use to be like.
How long have you belonged?
What do you like better now?
What did you like better before it changed?
Tell us all!!!!

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 1:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in About CafeMom

• The drama has decreased from my viewpoint. I actually htink the point system is decent. I think it has gotten better overall.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:31 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have been on for @ 4 years.

When I first joined, there were no trolls, little drama, and LOADS of helpful moms on here.

Now, it's all entertainment and mom's who really need help are 'thrown to the wolves'.

The line between genuine question and troll question is blurred. It has become a publicized game.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I agree with Jadesmom. I have been here around as long as she has (taken breaks here and there), and initially it was pretty good, now though there is alot more drama I guess. I think it is just what happens though when you grow a web site.

Answer by gemgem at 2:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Basically, it sucks now.
    Anonymous

• To me there is less drama, in fact many times I left because the drama was so bad. Things have changed for the better for sure. There are more ads, though that is to be expected because it's free. I enjoy it so much more now.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 8:37 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yes it has changed drastically. You used to be able to get advice w/o having negative feedback. Now for every one piece of good positive advice you receive you also receive 3 x the negative feedback and a lot of hostility. I come back less and less because of the unnecessary hostility. I am seeing it in Answers and in the groups.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I agree with Jadesmom too. Been here off and on for three years. I have left and come back (had different id at time) and there is a lot more drama. I avoid the site sometimes because of drama.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I've been here for 3+ years now and I haven't seen that much of a change. Some of my original groups are no longer active, but that's about it.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• There are so many groups that have slipped through the cracks that were really great! I haven't experienced drama here in awhile so my feelings are different. Keep in mind with the annonominity of the internet pretty much hostility is everywhere. I believe this site does an awesome job monitoring it and keeping things under control. How many times do you visit sites with all sorts of issues and lagging. No worries here, and any brush I've had with staff has been wonderful! Keep it up Cafe Mom.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 12:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2011