What do you do if your becoming stressed out; but at the same time you still have to do everything thats making you feel stressed out?

stephbaby009

Asked by stephbaby009 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I usually know what stresses me out so I try to be mentally prepared before going in lol. I also try and make sure any obstacles that might make it harder to accomplish are out of my way.

Answer by gemgem at 2:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I've come to believe that stress is somehow accompanied by being a parent so GOOD LUCK and try not to let things get to you as much.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• yea idk i am 21 i have a full time job two kids in college and i single mom. I have rough days and good days. I also have a seizure disorder. I have only had one thank god!!!! However all of that together is driving me crazy; sometimes i wanna give up.
    stephbaby009

Comment by stephbaby009 (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Stop for a moment and breathe. Prioritize - what HAS to be done first...or if order doesn't matter, I do what is easiest. Then I feel better because I've done something and I can keep going.
    littleflower101

Answer by littleflower101 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• When I was going to back to school (after 15 years) with 3 kids and a job, I just didn't do some of the things that I thought beforeI had to do. There are a lot of "have to do's" that don't really HAVE to get done. If someone else in your house thinks that something "has to get done", they need to do it themselves. Your kids (assuming they are not babies) really are capable of doing much more than you think as long as you are willing to accept the results (like pink underwear LOL). Learn to just say no to anything not truly necessary. This might take some training on your family's part, but they will get used to it.
    DrRama

Answer by DrRama at 4:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I "just keep swimming, swimming" lol this is my life, and it damn near killed me (bp and other issues). So I learned to do what I have to do and I do it without dread. If it's too much I "find a happy place" lol. And if it's not something vital I will just skip it. Really, stressing isn't going to make it go away, so just accept it and ask for help if you need it.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Thanks ladies for the advice. However i have two toddlers my oldest is will be two and the youngest just turned one. I must say i have my hands full. When i say they are thing i have to do they kind of are. For example: I have to go to school to get my education to have a good future, i have to work full time to support my children( i am a single mom), and i have to keep a roof over our heads so i must say it is alot. I guess it is apart of growing up.
    stephbaby009

Comment by stephbaby009 (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2011