I have to go for a planned C-section who has had more than ONE?

This will be my second,

No one in my family ever had a C-S ..
i was up for the first C-section and i started to panic, do they offer you somthing before you go in because i know im going to panic again , has anyone had any complications,????

And will the second C-section be like the first or Will it be even worse,
Im going to do this in December sometime, And i have been worried sick about it all because i have a little girl already to think about, My heart was acting erratic*sp* and my blood pressure started dropping i was in the recovery room 5 -6 hours, the first time :o(

LexsiesMommy

Asked by LexsiesMommy at 10:00 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've had 2 c-sections. I'm pregnant with my 3rd now and I'm sure it will have to be a c-section. The second time around really is a lot easier. The actual surgery, the recovery, everything was easier for me. I had complications with my 1st, too. My blood pressure drooped so low, so fast, that they were getting ready to give me a vlood transfusion. They were afraid my heart was going to stop. I wasn't allowed to see my son, but my DH broke the rules and snuck him in there any way. And as soon as I held him for the first time my blood pressure started stabilizing. Anyways, kinda got off topic there. lol. If you're afraid you're going to have a panic attack, let them know. I'm sure there's SOEMTHING tehy can give you for your nerves. And at least now you KNOW what's going to happen. I think the scariest part is not nkowing. So maybe you'll beok!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I haven't but my sister did, she said her second was actually easier then the first. She knew what to expect and for some reason it just wasn't so bad. My friend also had 2 and said the second was easier. I will have my second in May, the first was an emergency and because of the angle of the things I have to have another one. Good luck, maybe this one will be easier.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:05 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Im in the same boat. I had a panic attack my 1st time and tried to run out lol. I have dreams about it now..My first was really really easy recovery.Im having my 2nd daughter Jan 26th..So i just wanted to say i KNOW how you are feeling!! No one in my family has has c sections either,So i cant talk to them :( Im sure you will be just fine. GOod luck :)

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• lol. Sorry about all the typos.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I have had 2 and will have another in dec too. To me the second was worse but because I had problems with the spinal and I couldnt breath. But other then that it was ok I was awake a lot faster and was able to move around a lot faster. I hope that this one is good cause I have a 2yr old and a 1yr old to take care of when I get home.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 1:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I'm having my second one next week. I can let you know on a personal level then. I can tell you that my SIL has had 3 and she said they got easier and easier. ASk your Dr for something for nerves. They will give you something if you ask. I'm asking for something b/c I am terrified of needles and the spinal scares me... My first one my blood pressure shot up too. Nerves and I was terrified but I feel more calm about this one since I know whats going on. Talk to your Dr they might be able to ease your mind some... good luck!:D
    Charlies_mommy

Answer by Charlies_mommy at 1:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2008