Help me ask him out.

Ok...I have seen this guy a handful of times...my kids have been present all but one of these times. Last time we were together, he mentioned wanting to do something at a local nature center, but the day he asked was rainy. We are not really "dating" persay, but I can tell he's interested and enjoys spending time together. I think he just wants to take it slow. I am wanting to ask him, but not quite sure how to approach it. Help me please! And I would be asking him to go to the place he mentioned and my kids will probably be with me if any of that matters. He knows I almost always have my kids with me. Should I ask him and HOW?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• 'Hey since we didn't get to do the nature center the other day how about we try for (insert date here)instead. Maybe we could pack a picnic or something as well. What do you think?'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Request to go on a grown up outing, something like a double date or not. You could just go out as a group. During activities (bowling, golf, etc.) tell him you would like to get some one on one time with him cuz you really enjoy the time with him and others/kids. If you can't get a sitter do the same thing but with the kids. If you don't ask you will always wonder what if or be upset when he finds someone else. The worst thing that can happen is he doesn't want to go out with you on that level but at least you'll know.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I agree with KoolMom - this should be an adult only outing. Personally I never brought anyone I casually dated around my child until I knew they would be around for a while but that's my rule for myself. Say hey would you like to get a cup of coffee? Would you like to do (insert whatever) as I really enjoy your company. This way if he is shy - there is no shadow of a doubt you ARE interested. Good luck!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• why not just mention a good movie and ask if he wants to go?
    but I would make it just the two of you.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I wouldn't. If he's really interested, he'll chase you. Just keep him guessing. Men like to do the asking.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I agree with what but mommy said
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2011