Has anyone had

a colonic recently or in the past. i had one years ago and it felt good and would like to do it again. my stomach is desended and that is the only thing that is showing fat. its not even flabby fat, its tight but sticking out like i look pregnant (which i'm not). i don't have regular bowel movements like you should. i'm wondering if that is the case.

lucky35

Asked by lucky35 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes I had one in January and I'm going back in June!
    Mudda69

Answer by Mudda69 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Never had one but I heard you can become addicted. Maybe sometime in the future I'll try one.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 11:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I have never had one but my Aunt swears by them and honestly, when she does the series that she does I can tell a huge difference in her,not necessarily her weight but the bags under her eyes disappear , she has more energy and her skin is fabulous. There isnt a place where I live to to them though or I definitely would try it.
    suark

Answer by suark at 11:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• They're really not the best thing for you. If you're not having bowel movements the way you think you should, then you need to increase your fiber and water intakes. All a colonic will do is wash out the stools in your large intestine (which means you'll have cramping, because they're not MEANT to be empty), and it won't help you lose any weight in your belly. You need to watch what you're eating, and exercise if you actually want to lose any weight. Colonics don't get rid of fat, they get rid of poop, which will then come back. They're a waste of money. Have you ever asked your doctor or a nutritionist about this? They'll both advise against it, I assure you.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I've never had one. I'd increase your intake of fiber. Stay away from eating a bunch of bananas; they cause constipation.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:10 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• No, but good luck.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 2:48 AM on Mar. 17, 2011