Do you think Princess is an acceptable name for a daughter?

I know 2 little girls named Princess and I want to shake their parents silly! It's fine as a nickname but I don't think it's a name that an adult would take seriously. What do you think?

Nicoles2LilRams

Asked by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Baby Names

• As a real name-- -no way think of all the teasing that poor child would get all of her life. Sad how some people pick really stupid names for their kids.... . Another pet peeve is taking a nice name and giving it a really stupid spelling
    Anonymous

• Oh gawd no!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:37 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It's sad how some people really hate their own children
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:37 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• You are right. This was my aunts dogs name.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It sounds like a dog or stripper lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No. Its a good name for a puppy tho. I call my daughter Princess...but thats not her name..just a nickname. Idk..to each his own I guess.lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• FOr an actual name> lol. No not so much. I went to school with a girl named Gyrlie. Just as bad.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It's been proven that your given name has nothing to do with what your life will turn out like... In other languages "princess" Could easily be a name that doesnt mean the same in english... so I say it's YOUR kid name them whatever your heart desires,,... what about the name Jesus.. It now means son of God ...or Prince of the heavenly kingdom is that a dumb name to give a boy?
    PeaceDreamer

Answer by PeaceDreamer at 2:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Unless you're famous then no, name you're kid a real name. Please. Michael Jackson named BOTH his sons Prince Michael (one is I & one is II) Talk about ridiculous.
    Anonymous

• I think it's a ridiculous name to give an animal, never mind a child! But it's their decision - I just hope the kid doesn't hate the parents for it later on in life.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:16 AM on Mar. 16, 2011