How to get the father more involved.

How can I get my son's father more involved with his son? I mean we live together and we are a family and he takes care of his son when he is home and not working but how can I get him to play with our son more?

ask-krysta

Asked by ask-krysta at 2:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it isn't in him you can't. Men bond with their children differently. Sometimes all you really can ask for is a good father figure and a good provider. You can't "make" him play with his child, he has to learn to do that on his own. Men don't have the same natural instinct that mother's do. Doesn't make him a bad father.
    KareBare867

Answer by KareBare867 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i know but his son is always looking for his father's attention.
    ask-krysta

Comment by ask-krysta (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Have you talked with him about it? Sometimes the simplest things don't occur to men unless you say something to them.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• yes i have. but he either tries to deny it or doesn't listen. and i am very nice about it. i say. "Hun I know you love and care about Hayden but he is looking for your attention, he wants you to play with him and teach him new things. he just wants a little of your time."

Hayden is only 21 months.
    ask-krysta

Comment by ask-krysta (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Maybe you need be more persistent and tell him, " I need, or want, you to do this".
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011