Did you know Adderall costs $291.91 for a one months supply??!!!!!!????!!!!!!

O.M.G.
Where the hecky hay do they come up with these costs?? Holy Cow!
If I didn't have insurance for my son...he'd be outta luck on having this medication. My jaw just about fell to the floor when I picked up his prescription yesturday!!!!

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 2:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Kids' Health

• There are many therapists who work with people who have ADD/ADHD; they teach them not just coping skills, but how to use ADD/ADHD as an advantage in their lives. Thom Hartmann has written extensively on this topic; you should be able to find his books art your local library, there is lots of information at his website: http://www.thomhartmann.com/category/thom/adhd-education/.
    You may also want to explore how foods affect behavior, either from the Feingold Organization (www.feingold.org ) or another source. We eat a "clean" diet; no processed foods, no chemical additives, no meat, very little dairy
    My daughter's attention issues were helped dramatically by fish oil supplements (though we have since switched her to hemp oil). It is important to use a good brand, like Nordic Naturals; it takes about 8 weeks to become effective. We recently discovered that magnesium supplements also help.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Damn!!!! That's crazy!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Honestly, that's not a bad price... I've seen it close to $400... My husbands medication (the generic version, mind you) costs him $256 every 2 weeks and that's in addition to the $175 it costs him to see the doctor for less than 4 mins. Sometimes he doesn't even see the doctor. He just drives an hour to the the office, checks in, pays his $175 and the doctor gives him his Rx, they don't even talk to him... Ridiculous! They are so over booked they don't even talk with their patients any more... Good thing it's maintenance and not a developing issue.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• We have to get some spendy inhalers for my son too, but like you I'm so thankful for health insurance!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• That is why my ADD is going untreated. My insurance won't cover it for adults and I can't afford the cost. So, I struggle everyday. My GENERIC birth control is $71 a month...for generic. My dad's meds for his MS are over $3000 a month!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• wow never realized that but don't take it either so that is just ridiculous anyhow
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:41 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Thank God you aren't like a lot of people out there with no health insurance.
    alemlovo

Answer by alemlovo at 9:34 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I Know,right?!?!? CRAZYYYY!! lol
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Oh my goodness SabrinaMBowen!! That is insane. Really. That is a lot of money. No wonder so many people go without thier medications and dr. visits! Unbelieveable. My pockets feel violated!
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011