Husband has a health issue and I'm concerned.

my husband has a family history of Diabetes, and he's showing a lot of signs as well. He's just now agreed to take better care of his eating habits and all, but I think he should see someone about it.
He goes to those big health fairs which is fine for the blood work, but I think the numbers were high enough that he should see someone for preventive measures, such as acupuncture. It's done wonders for me in that department!
I'm glad he wants to do things now, but we are talking at least a year after the first high blood sugar test.
This is something that needs attention at the very least.
So I think I've given him enough time, I've asked his brother to call me to see if he can help by talking to him, and when we go over there to keep this sort of thing in mind when we all eat together.

DH is going to be mad as heck that I mentioned it to his brother at all, but at this point I think he should just grow up and realize there are more important things than his pride.
I've talked to him and tried lots of other things.

But I really do think he's getting worse, assuming he's not already diabetic.
DH never gets sick, so he seems to think that these things won't happen to him.
anyone else even have to call in the reinforcements on stuff like this?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I try to think of a logical argument in order to get my husband to make any kind of medical decision. Generally, if I'm willing to make the appointments and coordinate everything, I can get him to take care of himself.
    Kathy_USMC

Answer by Kathy_USMC at 3:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• High blood sugar is a sign of diabetes. He needs to see a doctor. High blood sugar and high bp; can damage his organs.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011