Do you really have room for a whole nursery?

I keep seeing posts and questions about "how to decorate the nursery" am I really the only one whose infant will be in my room? I am not going to make my other boys share so the baby can have his own room. Seems really selfish to me.

mslksdh

Asked by mslksdh at 3:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no your not the only one! would be nice to have a nursery though! Id rather have a newborn close by for 1 im a paranoid mama lol and for 2 well I dont feel like stumbling down a hallway at 3 am half awake to get to the baby lol.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 4:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I only have one kid (my 3 mos old daughter) so yes she has a room of her own for a nursery. I can see what you mean though.
    ss1436

Answer by ss1436 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• We had room for the nursery, but skipped in anyway. Seemed like a waste of money when I had already decided on co-sleeping anyway...
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 3:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• We own a 3 bedroom house and so we have an extra room for the baby. Our kids wont have to share a room. And when we have another baby we will be remodeling our basement and adding 2 rooms and a play room down there. So again, our kids will not have to share a room. You shouldn't assume that people are forcing their kids to share a room.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I only have 2 kids. They both have their own rooms but my baby's crib is in my room for now
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Not assuming anything, just asking a question. Worriedmommy your answer then would be yes.
    mslksdh

Comment by mslksdh (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• we DO NOT have room for a nursery. We have 4 boys all under the age of 6 and only a 2 bedroom house with the potential for the upstairs to be a bedroom someday soon for the 2 older boys. For now we have 3 out of the 4 boys in one room and the baby in with us.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• We are currently living with the inlaws and our 2 oldest share one room and the baby shares a room with the hubby and I. We are currently looking at a place and it is 3 rooms and the 2 oldest asked to share a room so the baby will more than likely end up with an nursery.
    AbbeyKAy

Answer by AbbeyKAy at 3:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• we moved our toy room downstairs so the baby's room is right by ours its small but just the right size for the little one
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My sons already shared (8 and 2 1/2) because the room that will be the "nursery" is too small for the toddlers stuff even. It was used as a tiny office - we have to find a way to upsize or living space soon!
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 6:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011