Age difference

just curious on other peoples opinions on age differences. My BF and I are 13 years apart. The age difference doesn't bother either one of us, just wondering what others think of it

logansmommy711

Asked by logansmommy711 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My DH is 2 1/2 years older than me:)
    ss1436

Answer by ss1436 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It should not be an issue. My sister and her hubby are 17 years apart!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I just think it's weird if you are in a second relationship and your new partner isn't old enough to be your kids' parent. For example, my ant and uncle recently divorced. Their oldest daughter is 13. His new girlfriend is 20. Makes me think my uncle (ex uncle?) is a sleaze.
    So it's not the age of the people together, but their ages in relation to children already present that bothers me.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I'm 29, my husband is 61. I love him to bits, but the last 4 years of marriage gave me a huge reality check on what's important in life.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• hugh heffner and his fiance's age difference is just gross but my s/o and i have an 11 year old difference. i actually prefer older men.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Dh and I are 4 years apart
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I think for the majority a large age difference will not work. There are those that do but it is definitely the minority and NOT the majority.

I think a large age difference is not as big a deal the older both people are... example a 19 yr old and a 29 yr old is much more likely to fail than a 44 yr old and a 54 yr old. It is simply a mater of being in the same stage of life, knowing who you are, and where you are going.

Anonymous

• I don't see a age being a factor as long as no one is under age. But you cant help you fall in love with right. .

BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• DH is 6 years older than I.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 8:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011