Do you have a bunk bed for your kids?

How safe is it? I am thinking of getting a bunk bed because we're moving in with my husband's friend who has a two year old daughter and we have two daughters and I thought if we had a bunk bed she could just sleep in the girls' room when she comes to visit. So I was wondering how safe a bunk bed was. My brothers had one but this was back in the day when things were made big and sturdy. I don't know how they are today.

Thanks!

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 3:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Shopping

• if you are worried about a bunk bed being safe, why not try a trundle bed. You know the ones where another mattress is under the main bed and it pulls out.
    ss1436

Answer by ss1436 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• That's a good idea. Thanks ss.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My girls have a set. Never had a problem with them. We have real wood ones. Not the metal kind though. Our rule is, nobody on the top bunk unless you are going to sleep. No playing up there. That eliminates a situation when someone could get injured. My little girls are 4 & 5 but we bought them when they were 2 & 3.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 3:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i bought a tundrel bed and i love it keeps space open and a place for kiidies to sleep.. and no mess under the beds lol...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• THanks Lisa. I think I will consider a trundle bed though. I think that's a good idea since she won't hardly be there but she'll still have a bed to sleep on when she does.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I like the idea of trundle beds actually. But, I need the space under the bed to store toys. We have three bins we keep under there with toys. Really helps keep the room cleaner for us.
    Anonymous