How do you organize your children's clothes?

Do you have any specific system that works for you?
What about letting your children pick out what they wear/put their own clothes away?
Do you organize hanging clothes by size, color, type (skirt, pants, dress, long sleeve, short sleeve, etc.)? And am I the only person who does this? Haha

CollegeMommy121

Asked by CollegeMommy121 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Shirts are by color so my boys can pick them out more easily. Pants and shorts have their own drawers. Not sure what you mean by size?
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 3:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I can't so I can't give you an answer. my son just pulls all his clothes out of his dresser. otherwise I would sort them buy underwear, socks in 1 draw, shirts in the next draw and pants and shorts in the next draw. it depends on how many draws the dresser has. my sons has 5 so i have it split up a little more. if you would like i can make a list on how i do it.
    ask-krysta

Answer by ask-krysta at 3:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I put her hats, socks, bibs, and shoes in one drawer...the top one as when I am going on the door holding her and need something, they are easily accessible. The next drawer down is her undershirt onesies, tops and far corner is outfits for special occasions, this also helps as if I have forgotten to pack an extra change of clothes for emergency diaper blow out, they are again easily accessible. Then the sleepers in the next drawer and the bottom drawer is pants and sleeper sacks. That is how I organize my clothes and it works. and in her closet, I have a two cloth bags, a small one for her washclothes and a bigger one for her towels so that the drawer under her crib, one side is sheets, comforters, etc for her crib, packnplay and the other side her blankets, burp towels and receiving towels. Hope this helps!
    dakotafriend

Answer by dakotafriend at 3:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• His dresser has night wear and socks in it. Shirts are just randomly hanged up in the closet and then there is one of those 4 shelf cloth shelf things hanging in there. His shorts are in the top part and the other three are pants.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 3:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• my girls share a room so what I do is they have their own dressers. I put their clothes away cause if I don't they just put the clothes were ever and that bothers me lol. The shirts and hang up I put my oldest dd's on one side of the closet and my other dd's on the other side of the closet. I have in each of their dressers one drawer has their hats, socks, undies, tights. In another drawer I have their pants the other drawer I have their shorts and tang tops and summer dresses. Another drawer I have their pjs and my older dd had an extra drawer (she is in ballet and has to wear uniforms to school) so I put all uniforms and ballet clothes in that drawer. I don't put them in size my girls clothes are all one size, but when they were in like 18 or 24 months or whatever I would put 12 months on one side and 18 months on another side of the drawer.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• my sister however what she does is out my nephews clothes in his drawer as an outfit and she lines them up and whatever is next in lone is what he wears. So that way he gets to wear all of his clothes
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Well, for starters, I only have things out that either fit him now or that will fit him int he near future. I keep all of his pants, socks, hats, and pajamas in his dresser, and hang up his shirts and overalls. I don't sort them by color, but I do sometimes hang them by style (collared dressy shirts, long-sleeve, short-sleeve, etc.). As soon as he outgrows them I box or bag up the ones I'm not saving for sentimental reasons and donate them.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I have an 8 month old, so she is not picking out her clothes quite yet, but I imagine that I will pick a few and let her decide which one she wants to wear when she gets older. In the meantime, I am putting them in size order, that way I know what she is growing out of and what is next in line for her to fit into. In her dresser, I do the same, the smaller size is folded on top of the next size up........
    Peggs11

Answer by Peggs11 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• mine are both girls one wardore each and chest of drawers so socks one draw t shiits then pjs then vents and bottems then sets in the other wardore for dress jumps and bedding for one girl sets in one drew and tshits and bottoms in the nest one and then dolls clothers in other and wardore drews are pj one and one for socks underwear vents wardore for bedding and dress and one drew for hats hope this helps
    Dawnyummymummy

Answer by Dawnyummymummy at 5:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I put all the shirts together, all the long sleeve shirts together and so on
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2011