21 month old son has bruises on his spine

My son is 21 months old and he has been getting these faint yellow bruises on his back where his spine is. He has also caught every sickness so far this winter, and lately he has just been sooo crabby. His eyes are also a little puffy and i can tell he just doesn't feel well. We took him to the doctor last week and they did a CBC blood test but it came back normal. I don't know what to think of it all. His doctor said she wants him on liquid vitamins (i hope this makes him feel better). I was told to take him in again if the bruises appear again (and they have, but it's very faint). Has anyone else's toddlers had any symptoms like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yep. I notice them just prior to or just after a growth spurt.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I don't think the bruising has anything to do with him being sick. My 3 year old often gets small bruises like that down his back... I think it's just a sensitive spot that bruises easily... and of course, kids aren't exactly the most careful of creatures are they?
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I would take him in.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Take him in for your peace of mind momma
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2011