What age do you go to stage 2 food?

My daughter is 6 months old and she has been on solids for about a month now. I have noticed that after eating an entire jar of baby food she is still hungry and usually takes a 5 oz bottle. Is this normal? When do I move from stage 1 to stage 2 foods? Also, I have seen stage 1 meats (beef and noodles in beef broth, chickn and dumplings), have you ever used these?

newchapternlife

Asked by newchapternlife at 3:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When they can sit up on their own.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• my 7 month old has been on the stage 2 foods for about a month. yes you can start them now. i also mix a spoonful of either multigrain cereal or oatmeal to her baby food
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My first 3 sons ate stage 2 baby food from the time i introduced baby food to them close to 6 months....my 4th son never ate any baby food..he refused it and went right to solids.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• There is little difference between 2 and 1. You can start. Even give her 2 jars. 1 veggie, 1 fruit.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It sounds like you're feeding solids, and THEN a bottle. In the first year, you should be ALWAYS making sure that solids come after nursing/bottle. You nurse/feed bottle, then offer solids. Stage 2 jar foods are not all that different then stage 1. Typically, the jars are larger, and contain single ingredient foods, as well as 2 or more ingredient foods. Once you've done all stage 1 foods, feel free to move to stage 2 when it seems right. But you definitely want to make sure that baby doesn't fill up on solids first.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My son is 7 months and eats stage 2 . Hes been on it since he was 6 months . Its says stage 2 is for sitter . so if she can sit on her own then go ahead . When my son was on stage 1 we never bought the ones with meat in it .
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• my LO is six months. I get stage 2 mostly because its more cost effective that the stage one size - same food. She eats most if not all of the 6-7 oz. three times a day. I give her fruits and veggies and am just now introducing combos but no meat so far. The doctor said its fine start with the meats seven months or so. She still does five bottles a day.
    LauraOR

Answer by LauraOR at 3:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• for me it didn't matter what age the child was. i switched to stage 2 when my daughter mastered swallowing her food without spitting it out. I also gave my daughter 4oz bottle after every meal. i think it's totally normal.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2011