Old Wal-Mart Bossy BeeeOtch tried to scold me.... are you kidding lady?

DH and I are in Wal-mart last night. I picked out one of those stupid bounce balls for my dog to play with.... and we proceed over to the automotive dept to get whatever DH was after. I'm standing there looking at auto air freshners and gingerly bouncing the ball off the floor.
(I'm all of 4'11" so how his was I bouncing it..... 18 inches... LOL)
Anyhow - here comes old-as-dirt and cranky-as-hell beeotch and tells me "Maam, you can't do that?"
I look at her confused and say "What?"
She says "Bounce that ball in here. Wal-mart don't like for the customers to play with stuff in the store".
I said "I intend to buy this"
She said "Well, you can't bounce that ball in here. We don't let the kids do it"
I said "I'm not a kid"
She said "I don't care what or WHO you are; you stop that or I'll call security"

I literally laughed out loud, and walked away bouncing the ball.

I know it was ALL stupid and childish... but I'm 40 damn years old.... I don't hardly think I'm gonna allow some stick-up-her-butt-pissed-off-hate-my-job old biddy to scold me in the freaking Wal-Mart.

Got to the register and told the clerk about it... he said "You should have told her to SHUT UP".... I bout laughed my butt off.

Is it me or are some of these people just hateful?

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 3:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Some people are just hateful, miserable, ugly, determined to share their slice o'crazy or negativity/stupidity with you. Doesn't sound like what you did was childish or stupid to me. I mean, childish or stupid would have been throwing said bouncy ball at her face and telling her to have fun putting it away followed by some profane slurs on her character. Lol! I admire your restraint.
    dakotafriend

Answer by dakotafriend at 3:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I got bitched at for letting my daughter sit on a bike (that I was intending to buy). I was checking to make sure that it would be the right size for her and they told me I wasn't allowed to do that. That pissed me off. Luckily I found a worker kind enough to help me but I seriously wanted to slap the taste out of the old witch who was rude to me.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• oh wow, these are some really interesting stories. thats why I dont shop at walmart! I love target, and shop at kroger & meijer. I cnt believe that lady told that to u shelbysharealot! that sounds rediciouls...
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Some of them are old and cranky and have to work after probably already taken retirement since this economy sucks. That is probably why she is really cranky.

Answer by gemgem at 3:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Wow! I guess you were the "lucky" one to get all her grief! Sorry about that. I'm glad the cashier was on your side. Usually, everyone takes the "take care of your own" attitude. At least at my local walmart that's the case.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 3:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I guess you learned your lesson, young whippersnapper! LOL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No these ppl are behaving worst as each day goes by. I probably would have done the same. I am clapping right now for you.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 3:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I used to work at walmart and no where does it say you cannot bounce a ball in the store and when did they get security? What was she going to do? Dress up in one of their police costumes that was on clearance and confront you again, LOL! I would have bounced the ball one more time, put it in the cart, and smiled. LOL. Goodness, people these days.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• O Glory for a Target near my house!! I mean I could see her saying something if I was drop-kicking the dang thing over aisles, or was trying to play tennis with it over in sporting goods..... but dang.... gingerly and nonchalantly bouncing a ball from floor to hip high.... I guess it's a good thing she tried to stop me.... lord knows I could've knocked over a television or something! OR worse, missed the up-bounce and knocked my own teeth out!! WHEW! dodged that bouncy-ball-bullet didn't I? Thanks Hateful Wal-Mart Lady!!
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• you can report her ya know you just call ask to speak w the store manager and complain I used to work there and while working for walmart is no picnic in the park there was no excuse to talk to you like that..generally no they don't like you to play w toys the reason being is it's telling all the kids hey look at me i'm playing w toys..basically I think you should grow up your acting like your 12 why were you bouncing a ball in the first place? I don't think she was right to scold you but she should have politly asked
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2011