How long did you wait?

Ladies how long did you wait after having your baby before you started having sex? I hear so many woman say different things. Like *right after delivery* (yikes) *when I was done bleeding* ( that could be one week) *6 weeks* and *8 weeks*.... It is odd to me that I even wanna have sex and I plan to wait till I see the Dr. But I just thought I would ask.

AbbeyKAy

Asked by AbbeyKAy at 3:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• With my first it about 3-4 weeks and with the second it was the full 6 but not very often as it took me almost 2 months to heal.
    Kathy_USMC

Answer by Kathy_USMC at 3:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It only took two days to get those "I want to pounce on you" feelings back lol but I waited until I felt more normal to have sex - about 4 weeks after my twins were born, 3 weeks after baby #3, 3 weeks after baby #4, and 2 weeks after baby #5.
    Anonymous

• i do NOT recommend going for it as soon as i did.

with my first, i waited 4 days (after an episiotomy). my husband was in the military & came home for only one week. i hadn't seen him in months and i knew it would be several more months till i saw him again.

i waited one week with my second & 2 weeks with my third (another episiotomy). i guess hubby assumed i could handle it & i wasn't too uncomfortable, so i gave the ok.

i highly advise that no one attempts this early. it was painful & i'm surprised my vagina didn't fall out.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 3:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• As soon as the lochia stops you are safe to resume intercourse. Whether you do or not depends on your libido (which tends to be very decreased after birth for several weeks, especially if breast feeding), how you're healing, and how you feel about birth control (breast feeding IS effective if you follow some rules, PM me if you want them).

There is NO evidence that right after birth is the most fertile time, so I just wanna say that before someone busts in here and tells you that, it's total BS.

I bled for 7 weeks after both of my kids, but I had sex 4 weeks after. The first time it hurt and it was a bad idea. The second time I didn't have any problems except it made my bleeding heavier (thus waiting until you're done bleeding).

Listen to your body. That's my best advice.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• the first was 4 weeks (we tried), but it hurt (I had stitches) so we waited a couple more weeks then I was fine after that. With my second I don't remember, but I know it was after the 5 or 6 week mark. I had epi. problems so I had really bad headaches and lower back pain and my tail bone was hurting so that was the last thing I was thinking about at the time lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• 12wks after the first, and it hurt like hell...
    16ws after the second...
    #3 is only 11wks old so we aren't even thinking about sex yet...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• We waited 2weeks...it woulda been a lil sooner if it wasnt for my hubbiie being so worried lolsz i love him!!
    PiinkLove

Answer by PiinkLove at 3:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• my first it was about 2 months they had to cut me :( second 4 weeks..third 2 weeks...lol i have a high sex drive thou. so i wanted it right away...but we were safe used condoms.
    mommyof3_21

Answer by mommyof3_21 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I had a c section with all 3 of my pregnancy I waited with my first two but I dont feel the same with this baby! My sex drive is back and kinda like hard core. I also had my tubes clamped.
    AbbeyKAy

Comment by AbbeyKAy (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• my sex drive is not back at all yet, But I've read that breastfeeding lowers you libido and I am BF exclusively, also taking care of a new born is exhausting, sex is not at the top of my list right now.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2011