Should i be worried?

ok so im pregnant with my 3rd child and havent had this problem before...my blood pressure keeps dropping...i said something when i was at the doctor and the nurse checked me and said it was fine but my doctor was out of the office all last week....then i ended up callin the hospital to ask about it because it dropped to 98/55 and a normal blood pressure they said was 120/80 but they said i was fine....to me thats really low and it worries me...i went to bed the other night and checked it right before i laid down and it was 126/68 then 5 min after i laid down i started feeling funny again so i checked it again and it was 103/54....i find it wierd that it drops so fast and changes as quick as it does...it has also been getting really hard for me to breath at times and i havent had that trouble before either....hmmm maybe i just worry to much??

momma2angels777

Asked by momma2angels777 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would keep track of your blood pressures throughout the day. But your blood pressure will be lower when laying down than in a sitting position. If the problem persists and the OB is not willing to further assist with correcting the issue then I would get a second opinion. If yous were on blood pressure medications the solution would be simple, bc you would just need to change your dosage. If you not on medication it

Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• How are you laying when it drops? If you are on your back or even close to on your back the uterus may be laying on the vena cava and cutting off blood flow. That will make you light headed and your BP drop. My BP is normally around 90/60 so it isn't a dangerous level, but if your body isn't used to it, you may get dizzy or pass out, which would be dangerous. Also, home BP cuffs aren't always as accurate as dr office or hospital ones. If you feel okay I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you are having a lot of dizziness or vision issues when it happens then I would definitely talk to your dr more. Insist on them monitoring your BP while doing the activities that usually trigger it at home. Try laying completely on your left side, if it still happens, try the other side. Anatomy isn't always the same and your vena cava might not be in the exact position it is on most people, so the right side might be better.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 3:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My blood pressure was chronically low right before I got pregnant with my third and throughout my pregnancy it was normal so I kept thinking that meant it was technically HIGH for me.... but they kept saying I was fine and honestly, Everything turned out FINE! My son is 3 months and was born healthy and strong. I felt sucky during the end of my pregnancy and basically slept alot and just stayed in bed, but that's just the way I am. I am sure that you are fine and try to take your mind off of your blood pressure some. I would suggest that you check it once a day if it's worrying you and after that just let it go. I used to tell myself that I am fine and I'll be fine untill I drop to the floor. lol. Obviously I never dropped to the floor and I was fine. My anxiety was just trying to get the best of me. Just ask your doctor every visit about it and ask him to explain why it is okay.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 4:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• If the dr thinks your ok I would try to relax its the high pressure to stress over. Now with the breathing the more cramped it gets in there the harder its gonna be to breath. Try to relax.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 4:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i had the same problem with my second pregnancy.....i would pretty much blackout and be fine when my blood pressure was taken, i would get lightheaded and short of breath it seemed like everytime i got up. i have had a lot better luck this time. i have only felt this way once or twice and im at 32 weeks. it is frustrating because there was nothing anyone could do about it and it made me look like a crazy person!! lol good luck, i hope it gets better soon
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 8:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011