Dishwasher and a dryer newbie. need advice on best?

I have never had my own washer/ dryer or dishwasher. Moving into apt that has a dishwasher (probably old) and hookups. My dad is giving us his old washer, but my grandpa said he would buy us any dryer, so I REALLY am hoping to find the most energy efficient one. any ideas? also what is the best way to waste less with a dishwasher (besides the obvious of filling it up before using.), and what are the most inexpensive but effecting dishwashing liquids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I don't have my own appliances either but I can say that I love LG brand. I am pretty sure they are energy efficient and the best dishwashing liquid that I like are the power pacs from cascade.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 10:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• LG are pieces of CRAP...cheaply made, cheap materials, cheap to buy, don't last long.

Until you figure out what your water will be like, the best dishwasher detergent is a liquid (any brand, doesn't matter - Cascade-Finish) and use a rinse agent if it has a rinse agent cup.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2011