Hip problems

My son is going to be 3 on the 17th of this month Yup St. Patty's day Baby! Anyway when he was an infant he had some issues with his ribs grinding and going out of socket at 6 months he had ultra sounds and his hips seemed better they said. Well I have noticed he is walking with his foot turned out some days and at night he might limp a little. He has said that it hurts and we trick him by asking around the area just not right on the spot and we have never spoke to him about his hip so I would not think he is faking. Should I have a new Dr. check this out?

AbbeyKAy

Asked by AbbeyKAy at 3:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I had a friend whos daughter was born with her hips out of socket and I babysat her so I had to make her wear the brace and stuff. It wouldn't hurt to have another dr look and make sure his hip is growing properly.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Oh and happy birthday to your little one!!
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I would take him to a chiropractor. he may have a slight pelvic displacement but it can be easily fixed with a few adjustments.
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 4:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• You need to get him to an orthopeadic and have him looked at. Your pediatrician may be great but he needs to seen by a specilaist.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• We recently switched Pediatricians not only cause we moved but it seemed that each time we went to the dr. my oldest and middle needed to be on a breathing treatment for some reason. Since we have left there neither have been sick.
    AbbeyKAy

Comment by AbbeyKAy (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Have him looked at by an orthopaedic specialist.
    Anonymous

• Have him looked at by an orthopedic specialist and also talk to his doctor and see what they say
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 16, 2011